Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mountains and passion



Please forgive me for not posting in so long, but as it is the past is the past, and i must say that my past month and a half have been phenomenal! I have approximatly three and a half weeks left here in Kazakhstan. Which means i am in the final stretches of my adventure. I can't wait to get home to tell you all about my time here and the great things that i have seen and learned!
 In this past month i have been into the mountains twice. It truly is one af the most beautiful sights to see in all the world. The tall mountains beside you, the flowers and birds and animals all doing their own thing. On my last trip to the mountains we took a day long hike in which we went a total of twelve miles! 12 miles of secluded beauty and peacfulness. The tulips were all in bloom and it was great to be able to pass a field or two full of them. However, i did have my sleeves up to my shoulders for most of the day and upon arriving home i had a terrible sunburn. Luckily it turned into a wonderful tan without peeling! While coming back from one of the trips i had to take three different busses to get to my home and along the way my wallet was lost. I say lost because even though it was more likely stolen, i would rather not put it into that light unless it is fully known. That was about three weeks ago and was quite an inconvenience for me at the beginning. No cards, license, money, or other documents which were important to me. I could care less about the hundred dollars that were in there half as much as i would like to have my documents back. So if you could pray for that, there is still three weeks left for a miracle!
For those of you who are wondering i have been taken care of financially by a friend here whom i will pay back after my new cards are shipped over. so no need to worry if i have money for food.
Work here at the site has been great. I have continued to unload shipping crates from Hong Kong on a weekly basis; and am doing much in the area of talking with the students who want to learn english. It has been difficult, due to language, but fun making good friends here. I have had wonderful and unique opportunities to meet and befriend all sorts of people from all sorts of life. Poor people, rich people, angry people, happy people, heck i even have a friend who works with the KGB! I thought that they weren't even around anymore, but it is really cool to know that i met someone who was in the KGB! There are a lot of broken people here though. everywhere you turn you can see people who have put on a facade of riches and whatnot to cover up the fact that they are poor and hurting. Whole families that have ben ripped apart. It is sad but i am glad that i have had my eyes opened a little more to it. I only hope that the things i have said to them and the way i have acted around them will leave a lasting impression on them that will change the way that they go about life. I know that i have really only been able to plants seeds in their hearts but i know that those seeds will grow. I am reminded of a quote by Thoreau,

“I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately, I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, To put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die Discover that I had not lived.”

 This quote put's into words why i am here and what is driving me on. I know that if i live with these words in mind as my motto then i will not regret it when i come to die. Even more than that, i know that if i live these words the people who i meet are going to see that difference and maybe i can give them a desire to live passionatly as well. However, i must say that is do not derive my passion or strength from anywhere else but God. Who has given me every good thing in life; and provided me with all i need. I have been blessed to be a blessing. And as i grow in life and do the things that God has set in advance for me to do other will automatically be drawn towards the light in me and ultimately be affected.

I want to thank you all for this opportunity to come here and for your prayers and support. I hope to see you all when i get back on the tenth of June! God Bless and See you soon!

Most Sincerely,
Carlton David Yelle

No comments:

Post a Comment